Sunday, January 13, 2013

Carbs and blood sugar

Hi Lisa…hope all is well!  Ok…this is my question:  since I have 45 carbs for my meals and 30 for snacks…let’s just say I was still hungry after my 45 carbs…how long should I wait to eat something else?  I am hoping to get my glucose and fasting insulin test done in January with my physical…so I hope I have made some improvements!  This whole carb thing freaks me out!


Always happy to help.  As for the snacks/meals and timing, I'd say try to wait at least 3 hrs before eating something else.  You don't want to get into the habit of eating every 2 hours if possible.  Make sure you're including protein w/your meals and snacks.  It will help manage your blood sugar better and keep you feeling fuller longer.  Eggs, string cheese, nuts/seeds, natural peanut butter, etc are all great.  Edamame is another good high protein snack that's vegetarian.

Good luck w/your test!

No comments:

Post a Comment